February 2012 onwards - Founding member, president of CubicMetre – resources for culture
CubicMetre – Resources for Culture is a Bucharest-based NGO which aims to provide a platform for meetings, debates and expertise for the professionals in the field of culture. It advocates for an important role of arts and culture in the development of each individual and of society as a whole and for professional cultural management and a democratic process of substantiating cultural policies at national, regional and local level.
November 2017 onwards – Researcher | National School of Political and Administrative Studies
Main responsibilities: analyse the delivery of local cultural public services and draft quality standards for their operation. All tasks as part of a team of researchers. All activities are carried out as part of the project „Consolidarea cadrului pentru creșterea calității serviciilor publice și pentru sprijinirea dezvoltării la nivel local” (SPC), implementat by the Ministry for Regional Development and Public Administration
May 2016 – January 2017 – Counselor of the Romanian Minister of Culture
Main responsibilities: coordination of the radical revision of the National Strategy for Culture and National Heritage for 2016-2022; facilitation of discussions with the Ministry of Economy for the elaboration of general support measures for the cultural and creative sectors in Romania and supervision of the elaboration of the White Paper for Achieving the Full Economic Potential of Cultural and Creative Sector in Romania; coordination of the Platform for Living Culture; responding to different requests from other ministries related to the role of culture for competitiveness, sustainable development and descentralization.
May 2013 – March 2014 – Co-coordinator of the Romanian European Cultural Parliament Youth Network
February 2012 – August 2013 - Project officer, researcher on European Union defrauding and good governance | Romanian Academic Society
March 2010 onwards - Member, part of the coordination team | Coalition of the Independent Cultural Sector
Project management, strategic planning, editing advocacy materials, research
June 2007 – October 2009 - Consultant for the Culture 2007-2013 EU Programme, project assistant, national coordinator of the European Year of Intercultural Dialogue 2008 in Romania | the Romanian Cultural Contact Point, Consultancy Center for European Cultural Programmes
January 2010 onwards: Freelance cultural manager, cultural policy researcher, evaluator of grant proposals, cultural facilitator
- the Romanian Federation of Comunity Foundations: authos of a guide about grant0making and grant-management tailored for the practice of managing the Științescu Fund, a programme targeting innovation in the teaching of sciences in schools
- Asociația Da’DeCe: co-author of a report about the collaboration between teachers, artists and cultural education with the purpose to introduce contemporary arts to children; co-author of Da’De ce să mă întorc în timp – methodology
- Romanian Ministry of Culture: evaluator of applications for small-grants related to the EEA grants for cultural and artistic diversity;
- Oberliht Association (Chișinau, Moldova) – Lecturer for the workshop “Advocating cultural changes” (together with Yaroslav Minkin and Anna Ostafiychuk)
- National Network of Romanian Museums (Socio-economic analysis for the development of a creative quarter in the city of Galaţi);
- Coalition of the Independent Cultural Sector (advocacy for public culture, project and event management, PR and communication, research);
- Administration of the National Cultural Fund (evaluator of applications for grants to develop cultural projects in Romania);
- Centre for Research and Consultancy in the Field of Culture (coordinator of a research on audience development in Romania);
- COMPENDIUM project (Council of Europe) (cultural governance and 3rd sector initiatives expert);
- Sintagma Centre for Education and Training (project administrator of “Open Institutions – active aging through community arts”, an international workshop; analysis of a cultural house in the village of Conţeşti, Teleorman County);
- Romanian Ministry of Culture and National Heritage (Socio-economic analysis of the social and educational impact of culture and the arts -coordinator of Workgroup 2, as part of the preparation for the structural funds accession period 2014-2020; analysis of the participative process in heritage-led projects in the micro-region Rupea-Cohalm);
- Gabriela Tudor Foundation (communication assistant to the European cooperation cultural project E-Motional Bodies and Cities); mondaynews (guest editor of funding opportunities);
- mondaynews guest-editor
- Asia-Europe Foundation (database editor for the Directory of Organizations on the www.culture360.org web platform);
- pplus4 Association, Centre for Visual Introspection (grant-proposal writing for international events and projects):
- KOTKI visuals (grant-proposal writing for an international project);
- Asociaţia 37 (consultancy for grant-proposal writing of an editorial project).
January 2010 – March 2012: banipentruarte project | freelance cultural facilitator
banipentruarte (en: “money for the arts”) project aimed to inform cultural operators from Romania about available funding opportunities and to support the development of an active community-space for reflection and contribution to cultural policy design and implementation at local, regional, and national level.
Education & training
February 2018 – Training on diversity and intercultural learning (organised in the frame of Europe in perspective – International Co-operation in Cultural Learning project by BKJ – German Federation for Arts Education and Cultural Learning and the international foundation Creativity, Culture and Education and realised in consultation with further European partners)
June 2017 – NGO branding and communication (organised by the Civil Society Development Foundation; trainers: thebrandproject – Norway).
October 2015 – participant in the Tandem Europe Cultural Managers Exchange programme. Tandem Europe is an initiative that was developed by the European Cultural Foundation (Amsterdam) and MitOst e.V. (Berlin) together with Fondazione Cariplo (Milan).
September 2013 - Grant-proposal evaluator (certified by the Romanian Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Protection and Elderly and the Ministry of National Education)
July 2013 - Project manager (certified by the Romanian Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Protection and Elderly and the Ministry of National Education)
July 2011 - Young Cultural Managers “Gabriela Tudor Scholarship” in London | offered by the Gabriela Tudor Foundation with the support of
body>data>space and The Romanian Cultural Centre in London (RCC) – the Raţiu Family Foundation
September 2010 – June 2011 - MA in Public Policy, Central European University - cultural policy stream (Budapest, Hungary)
June 2009 - Summer course: Beyond the Rumor Mill: Cultural affairs journalism and its grasp of cultural policy as a systemic context | organised by Central European University
2002-2007 - BA in Communication and Public Relations – management of human resources stream | National School for Political and Administrative Studies – “David Ogilvy” Communications and Public Relations Faculty (Bucharest, Romania)
August 2006 - Structural funds of the EU. Elaboration and implementation of projects | training course certified by the National Institute of Administration
February – July 2006 - ERASMUS Scholarship at the Girona University (Girona, Spain)
May – August 2004 - LEONARDO Scholarship at KATHO (Katholieke Hogeschool Zuid-West-Vlaanderen) (Kortrijk, Belgium)
June – July 2003 - Theatre Pedagogy training “Youth for Future” | organised by Verein Jugendinfo (Austria)
March 2003 - “Human Rights Advocacy” training | organised by the Council of Europe & Human Rights Students’ Initiative (Budapest, Hungary)